Friday, 22 March 2013

Artemis: Designer Jewellery & Gifts

On a rainy Friday afternoon I found myself absent-mindedly cycling up Cheltenham Road from Stokes Croft. Before I knew it Cheltenham Road had become Gloucester Road and that led me all the way to Bishopston. Needless to say, I had ended up a LONG way beyond my planned destination of Montpelier Station road.

As I prepared to dismount and find my way back onto the right track, I glimpsed Artemis out of the corner of my eye. The idyllic workplace of one my closest friends, I had been meaning to visit the beautiful jewellery shop ever since moving to Bristol. 

And what a lovely place to catch up with somebody, whilst taking in some much-needed retail therapy. It is a lovely haven of exquisite jewellery, gifts and fashion accessories – all irresistible. Whilst the chit-chat of familier friends ensued I fell in love with a beautiful black string necklace holding a shower of beads, designed by Catherine Amesbury

That one inevitably left the shop with me. And so did a beautiful silver bracelet. It may be a foul day outside, but I urge anybody to take the walk up the hipster-haunt that is Gloucester Road and find this beautiful shop. You are unlikely to leave empty handed: if not for yourself, go and treat someone to the perfect gift.

The centrepiece is a wicker tree that has modest sprawling branches holding wooden hearts and charming spring-time decorations | Photo: Rosie Pentreath
Pretty petaled fairy lights line the high shelves | Photo: Rosie Pentreath

These bohemian string necklaces proved irresistible to me |  Photo: Rosie Pentreath


Take your pick from a selection of luxury toiletries  | Photo: Rosie Pentreath

Avian decoration | Photo: Rosie Pentreath

 Gold trinkets and proud glass decanters | Photo: Rosie Pentreath

A touch of green brightens up this window display | Photo: Rosie Pentreath



I see a light there, shining through the leaves | Photo: Rosie Pentreath

An elegant perch | Photo: Rosie Pentreath

Necklaces hang in neat rows, and over the torsos of pretty manequins | Photo: Rosie Pentreath

The art of display | Photo: Rosie Pentreath






Even a downpour can be stylish with these perfect parasols | Photo: Rosie Pentreath


Those pretty green shopping baskets were quickly filled | Photo: Rosie Pentreath


Visit: artemisbristol.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment