Friday, 21 June 2013

The Playlist: You Don't Love Me (no, no, no)



Jamaican singer Dawn Penn's ultra-cool 90s classic You Don't Love Me (No, No, No) – a reworking of a song she wrote back in 1967   has entered my radar with a (laid back) bang this month. It seems to be everywhere I go, reaching my ears via repeated plays during al fresco dining and through the sets of various DJs in clubs around Bristol. This constant – albeit appreciated – exposure has ensured that it has lingered in my head for multiple hours during the languorous month of June. + I am off to the perfect little free festival defined by its reggae vibes next month and this song is getting me psyched for that... Glastonbury first (watch this space). 

It was Penn's only billboard hit and peaked at No. 3 on the UK singles chart in june 1994. It has, of course, been sampled and covered numerous times since the 90s.

|||//////// It is definitely my favourite reggae track on the playlist these days. \\\\\\\\\







No comments:

Post a Comment