Monday, 8 July 2013

The Playlist: AlunaGeorge

AlunaGeorge – that is London-based electronic duo Aluna Francis and George Reid – is definitely a strong part of the Rosie-Pentreath-summer-'13 soundtrack. I had always liked the music when it was playing in the background, but when I saw them perform live at Evolution Festival back in May, I had one of those 'oh, I really get this now' moments. I caught them performing at Glastonbury too, and with the debut album 'Body Music' imminent, I am psyched to hear more.

Aluna plies the music with edgy and confident vocals, whilst the electronics contain irresistible riffs and catchy dance vibes. Your Drums, Your Love dominated radio playlists for a brief period last summer and Attracting Flies has done the same recently. But it was the collaboration with Disclosure for White Noise that really placed AlunaGeorge firmly on the commercial music map. And I am glad their music is getting recognition.

AlunaGeorge | Photo: Phil Sharp





AlunaGeorge plays Glastonbury 2013 | Photo: Pooneh Ghana/NME





'Body Music' will be released on 29th July.
Visit: alunageorge.com

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment