Food: The Thali Cafe, Southville



On Saturday a friend and I endeavoured to go for a long bike ride in the bright autumn sun, only to find ourselves distracted as soon as we got to North Street in Bedminster (very close to our starting point of Bristol's harbourside, trust me!). I hadn't yet been to North Street with the arty independent eateries and exciting performance spaces it offers (The Tobacco Factory theatre is here). I was very excited to see the glittering front of The Thali Cafe, recommended widely, so we decided to pop in for light afternoon refreshment. 

The Thali Cafe opened its Southville branch – the fifth in the chain – in March this year. With a large floor space and retro design, it has a great atmosphere. The food is gorgeous to match – I enjoyed herby chicken and delicious sticky paneer skewers, washed down with a fresh lime soda. And if that wasn't enough, we drew the afternoon out and I couldn't resist a delightful lemon sorbet – yum!

Now I'll have to check out the other four branches, starting with my local in Montpelier.

Afternoon nourishment at The Thali Cafe, Southville | Photo: Rosie Pentreath

Vintage photography, old radios and retro design at The Thali Cafe, Southville | Photo: Rosie Pentreath
No shortage of bright primary colours here | Photo: Rosie Pentreath

Vintage sound | Photo: Rosie Pentreath
The Thali Cafe, Southville | Photo: Rosie Pentreath

We stayed long enough for the atmospheric lighting to come out... | Photo: Rosie Pentreath


Visit: thethalicafe.co.uk



Comments

Popular Posts