The Playlist: London Grammar




A nice bit of end-of-year listening for me has been London Grammar's stunning debut album, If You Wait.

All the right people have been talking about the their new brand of soulful trip hop all year and I have been falling in love with the tracks as they filtered into my playlists. I thought they would be a nice band to feature in my final post of 2013.

Plus, my parents very kindly granted my wish for a record player this Christmas, and If You Wait is at the top of my list for building my collection of vinyl.

This album is such a treat. Hannah Reid's vocals are deep, sultry and beautiful. The music is melancholic and spacious, with no shortage of tracks to have a little dance to. Among my favourite tracks are Wasting My Young Years and Help Me Lose My Mind, the collaboration with Disclosure. Lovely stuff.

With that I am off to eat a bit too much (again) and spend as much time with my family as I can before returning to Bristol and getting ready to fly out to Jersey to welcome in the New Year.

– HAPPY NEW YEAR and thanks for reading. R x



London Grammar | Photo: Julian Broad









Comments

Popular Posts