Saturday, 4 October 2014

The Playlist: SBTRKT

SBTRKT Wonder Where We Land



SBTRKT has released another album and (like any normal person should be) I was excited to listen to it as soon as I could. SBTRKT (aka Aaron Jerome) makes my absolute favourite kind of electronic music and Wonder Where We Land is another eclectic collection of great dance tracks.

Highlights for me are the title track featuring Sampha, who was on the last album, Look Away with a heavy piano and sultry vocals from Caroline Polachek, and NEW DORP. NEW YORK, with Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig rapping over the top. It's just cool. 

AND there is a fantastic track that features Warpaint (War Drums) – could it get any better?

Talking about his music in a Guardian interview recently, Jerome said: 'The more I grow as an artist, the more I feel I’m moving away from the speeds of how music is listened to or accepted in this day and age. I want to make something that is super-immersive and that you can find extra layers in with more plays.'

Amen to that.





Visit: sbtrkt.com





If you like this, why not try:

The Playlist: John Grant
The Playlist: Trentemøller






No comments:

Post a Comment